Frozen Lemon Pie

(double recipe)

2 eggs
½ cup sugar (save 1 tablespoon)
¼ cup lemon juice
1 cup whipping cream
1 cup crumbled graham crackers

In double boiler, beat egg yolks well. Add sugar and lemon juice and cook until it starts to thicken, about 10 minutes. Chill.
Beat egg whites until stiff. Add one tablespoon of sugar. Beat unil egg whites stand at peaks.
Whip cream. Add chilled lemon juice to egg whites and cream.
Grease 9x13 pan and line with cracker crumbs. Pour over the top of the crumbs. Sprinkle some crumbs on top.
Freeze for about six hours until it is set.

3 comments:

Rishi said...

This is the best stuff ever! And I mean ever. Don't listen to my Husband Mike who says it aint so good. I love it and you will too.

nephi and katherine said...

this has been your favorite rishi since the first grade. get over it. there are finer dishes out there. it is pretty good though.

Rishi said...

Okay, I was craving this recipe so I decided to make another version for Mike and he liked it.

I changed it to chocolate - his favorite.

I replaced the 1/4 cup lemon juice with 1/4 cup cocoa and 1/4 cup milk.

Everything else was the same and Mike loved it. I think next time for the chocolate version we'd leave the graham crackers out, but it was good.

If you know someone who loves chocolate they might like this version as much as I like the lemon version.